Serve Our Youth
Volunteers provide positive role models needed to empower street youth to make healthy choices and see Jesus Christ in a tangible way. When we have many volunteers, each person is able to work with a small number of youth and not risk burnout.
Become an outreach volunteer. Time commitment: approximately 4 hours per week
- Exit the four walls of CCW’s building and spend time with youth on their turf, primarily in the evenings.
- Share sack lunches and popsicles or hot cocoa with youth, and invite new youth to CCW.
Become a drop-in volunteer. Time commitment: approximately 4 hours per week
- Hang out with youth at CCW’s drop-in center, either in the afternoons or for dinner.
- Aid youth in accessing services like laundry, showers, food, and clothing, board games, or conversation.
Become a Cool Water Bikes volunteer. Time commitment: approximately 4 hours per week
- Hang out with youth at Cool Water Bikes.
- Build relationships as you work alongside youth refurbishing bikes, managing inventory, or cleaning.
Become an educational service volunteer. Time commitment: 1+ hour per week
- Work alongside youth in our bike shop.
- Help with a class of whimsy (where we teach skills and develop interests).
- Dialogue with youth during a Bible study.
- Propose a new idea for a skill you’d like to teach.
If you’d like to work directly with our youth, you need to:
- Be at least 19 years old.
- Complete a volunteer application. This includes a statement of faith and character references.
- Participate in an interview.
- Pass a federal background check. Anyone with a felony conviction will be unable to work directly with our youth.
- Attend volunteer training.
Complete a volunteer application